Sign in or
Let's Face It
- Group or SIM Name: Let's Face It
- Is this a Group or a SIM?: Group
- Purpose: "To support a person with facial difference, look them in the eyes and smile at them." - Betsy Wilson. In Second Life: To provide community, support, outreach. Mission: To advance knowledge about, by, and for people with facial differences and to promote their full and equal participation in society. Vision: To provide information and resources that those with facial differences, those who care for them, and the general public can go to with confidence and a desire to learn.
- Location (SLURL) (if sim):
- Contact Information: Perplexity Peccable
- Services Provided: information, support, resources
- Target Audience: Persons with facial difference, those who care for them, and the general public.
- Open to All or Closed (except to Members): Open
- Social Opportunities Available (y/n): y
- Special or Unique Features:
- Related Blogs, Wikis and Other Outworld Content: The Let's Face It web site is at http://www.dent.umich.edu/faceit/. The Let's Face It blog is at http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/faceit/. The Let's Face It account in Del.icio.us is at http://del.icio.us/faceit/.
- Additional Comments: The Let's Face It organization was originally founded in the UK. The US offshoot was founded by Betsy Wilson, who transferred the web site to the University of Michigan in 2006.
Latest page update: made by perplexity
, Jan 7 2008, 2:19 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Information Pages
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: SLHealthy-Group
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.