Sign in or
- Group or SIM Name : Alcoholics Anonymous
- Is this a Group or a SIM? : Group
- Purpose : Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
- Location : Gridwide (see below for meeting venues)
- Contact Information : Tecak Oyen, Sly Wiles, Skinkie Winkler
- Services Provided : Alcoholics Anonymous has a strong presence within Second Life, with a number of AA groups and multiple meetings each day accommodating different time zones. This group is used to facilitate information distribution amongst various groups and AA members, including reminders just prior to each meeting. Use of group chat is encouraged. Please note, Alcoholics Anonymous also has a subscribomatic group which does not use an SL group slot - to join please click one of the kiosks found at any AA group meeting place in-world (see table below for slurl's)
- Target Audience : The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. Visitors welcome.
- Open to All or Closed : Open. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
- Social Opportunities Available :
- Special or Unique Features :
- Related Blogs, Wikis and Other Outworld Content : http://alcoholics-anonymous.org
- Additional Comments : AA groups within Second Life include the following. If your group isn't included and you would like it added, please contact Skinkie Winkler. Inclusion/exclusion of any SL based AA group in this list does not indicate endorsement or otherwise.
* indicates women's meeting/group.
Group Name Meeting Place[slurl] Contact Friends of Bill W. Friends of Bill W. Meeting Hall, Ode Jubilant Quackenbush Serenity Forest Serenity Forest Treehouse, Kangeroo Sly Wiles Successful Sobriety Successful Sobriety Skybox, Sunset Escape Diane Arizona Sober Life Tranquil Cove, Adele Vangee Tigerpaw Serenity Shore* Serenity Shore meeting platform Freedom Delgado New Beginnings* New Beginnings Meeting Site Krishanna Magic Recovery Island Twin Pines Meeting Center Coughran Mayo
- Path of Support - HealthInfo Island (112,92,21)
Latest page update: made by Skinkie
, Nov 29 2008, 1:29 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Updated with correct contact information, slurl's and further information
225 words added
19 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: 12 steps aa Addiction alcoholics anonymous Alcoholism drinking problems support Friends of Bill W. Path of Support Recovery SLHealthy-Group Sobriety
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Antoinette.G||Alcohol/Drugs||0||Apr 14 2013, 1:16 PM EDT by Antoinette.G|
Thread started: Apr 14 2013, 1:16 PM EDT Watch
I have been in recovery going on 3 yrs. now. This is my third time around. The first time I stayed sober 24 yrs./ 2nd time 5 yrs. Iam 55 yrs old I really do not think i have another recovery in me. I moved here to SC in Sept. of 2010
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page